Saturday, September 27, 2008

About last night...

I went to a concert last night.

IMG00144.jpg by you.

WOW!

Double wow!

Words don't do it justice. Plant and Krauss were amazing. Plant's voice is pure nostalgia and Krauss' voice is pure heaven -- put those two together with a kick-ass talented band and you've got magic.

I saw a knitting friend there (who shall remain nameless). She told me she just found out about the show 2 hrs. before it started. She was really excited to "see Alison Krauss and some old guy." When they sang Plant's "I'm in the Mood" I turned around and told her very self-righteously "THAT'S the 'old guy!'" WONDERFUL!

It was also great being at the Zooampitheater. I saw SOO many concerts there in college, and being there again last night was like a trip down memory lane. Great venue, great music, great memories.

Enough waxing nostalgic. Just go buy "Raising Sand" if you don't own it. It's amazing!

No comments: